We had the AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL pleasure of hosting the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet at LAVC in October. I got a last minute call from Bill Kanengiser offering to do a “small venue” show for friends and students in LA before the quartet went down to St Louis to record a DVD of their latest project “The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote: Words and music from the time of Cervantes”, with acclaimed actor Phil Proctor. This is a completely unique and exciting project where in essence the quartet are performing quartet arrangements of the greatest hits of renaissance music whilst portions of the story of Don Quixote are narrated. A real honor and treat to have the LAGQ perform at LAVC again. The students and I thoroughly enjoyed the night 🙂 If you have a chance I highly recommend catching a performance….go to http://www.lagq.com for more details. Thanks so much LAGQ !!
- Sue Foley interviews the legendary Carol Kaye katelewisonline.com/2019/01/24/sue… https://t.co/cxAJvBwBzq 3 weeks ago
- The Foley Files: Carol Kaye guitarplayer.com/players/the-fo… via @GuitarPlayerNow 3 weeks ago
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe Guitar Solo - 'Down by the Riverside' Main Solo youtu.be/7Y0MWMO7tLg via @YouTube 2 months ago
- Officially done as of Sept 2018 --- thanks to everyone who supported the project along the way 😁 https://t.co/2xNmMJkctX 2 months ago
- See this Instagram video by @guitargirlonline instagram.com/p/BquWvUKntk6/… 2 months ago