We had the AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL pleasure of hosting the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet at LAVC in October. I got a last minute call from Bill Kanengiser offering to do a “small venue” show for friends and students in LA before the quartet went down to St Louis to record a DVD of their latest project “The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote: Words and music from the time of Cervantes”, with acclaimed actor Phil Proctor. This is a completely unique and exciting project where in essence the quartet are performing quartet arrangements of the greatest hits of renaissance music whilst portions of the story of Don Quixote are narrated. A real honor and treat to have the LAGQ perform at LAVC again. The students and I thoroughly enjoyed the night 🙂 If you have a chance I highly recommend catching a performance….go to http://www.lagq.com for more details. Thanks so much LAGQ !!
- RT @NewBlackMan: 'In the late 1960s, Merry Clayton was one of the most sought after backup singers. In this episode of @WorldCafe, Clayton… 3 weeks ago
- @carlfaia @colinjriley @EmilyJB_music @dzhonkroft @fantasticdrfox 1 month ago
- We have an opening for an HPL lecturer in pop production @Bruneluni this term - come join us :) careers.brunel.ac.uk/vacancy/music-… 1 month ago
- @SouthernWater can you please confirm if this leak has been contained, or if it is still active/uncontained ? 2 months ago
- @SouthernWater @SouthernWater can you please update the status of the leak as of this morning ? is it now contained ? 2 months ago