We had the AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL pleasure of hosting the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet at LAVC in October. I got a last minute call from Bill Kanengiser offering to do a “small venue” show for friends and students in LA before the quartet went down to St Louis to record a DVD of their latest project “The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote: Words and music from the time of Cervantes”, with acclaimed actor Phil Proctor. This is a completely unique and exciting project where in essence the quartet are performing quartet arrangements of the greatest hits of renaissance music whilst portions of the story of Don Quixote are narrated. A real honor and treat to have the LAGQ perform at LAVC again. The students and I thoroughly enjoyed the night 🙂 If you have a chance I highly recommend catching a performance….go to http://www.lagq.com for more details. Thanks so much LAGQ !!
- RT @CeliaHammond: It's nearly Sunday... join us at our Rehoming centre Open Day if you can #Eastsussex https://t.co/RR0KXjlTW0 2 months ago
- RT @Hudds_Uni_Music: “I don’t think it is right to receive a BMus and a MMus and not hear a single word about women composers.” @cnlester h… 4 months ago
- New Article in PopScriptum 12 katelewisonline.com/2017/02/28/new… 7 months ago
- What a treat to hang out with these phenomenal women last night #continentaldrift… instagram.com/p/BHbxhSwAgrB/ 1 year ago
- Continental Drift Classical Guitar Trio performing at the University of Surrey tonight - a… instagram.com/p/BHa3NuPA8wx/ 1 year ago